Greeting from organizer
I was born and raised in Hiroshima and my relatives are still living there. My grandmother who is an atomic bomb victim turns 90 years old this year.
In 2013, I provided Hiroshima’s local language instruction for a Japanese reading drama “Living with my father” that set in Hiroshima 3 years after atomic-bomb blast. It made me remind the history of “August 6, 1945” and think about what I can do as a Hiroshima-born Japanese.
“It is important to know and share facts, memories and stories of the war with young generations who don’t know the war”, we understand but usually we are not conscious of it. In the meantime, the voices of the Hiroshima’s people at the time have been vanishing.
What should we learn about peace? What should be handed down through future generations? How should we consciously do them?
Some local people keep contributing to deliver the Hiroshima’s stories now. What are they feeling and bringing down?
I started this event together with my friends in Hiroshima and other areas in Japan.
This year’s the second event will take place with the cooperation of some educational institutions in Hiroshima, Kanagawa and Tokyo prefectures. I thank you sincerely to all the dedicated people who have supported this exhibition and event.
I hope this remarkable exhibition will attract you and many visitors including young people who do not know anything about war, and I hope it helps all of you to think of peace and find what you would succeed to your own next generations.
- Exhibition Dates
- August 3 (Wed) – 8 (Mon) 2016
11am-7pm (Aug. 8th, 11am-5pm)
- Minato Mirai Gallery, Yokohama
Queen Mall 2nd floor, Queen’s Square Yokohama, 2-3-5 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, Japan, 220-0012
- Free Admission
- Event Venue
・BUKATSUDO ※August 6(Sat), 7(Sun) only
Location: Dockyard Garden B1 floor, Landmark Plaza, 2-2-1 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, Japan, 220-8190
・Minato Mirai Grand Central Tower, MM TERRACE
※August 6(Sat), 7(Sun) only
4-6-2 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, Japan, 220-0012
・Hiroshima ※August 6 (Sat) only
Event booth at Hiroshima Toro Nagashi (lantern) Festival site, Motoyasu-kawa Riverside
- Presents , Co-presents , Supporters
- HIROSHIMA「 」– the 3rd Generation Exhibition Executive Committee
- Planner & Organizer
- Ryoko Kubota
- Hiroshima University COC , Minato Mirai Gohan-bu Project , Kanagawa Street Chalk Art Committee
- Hiroshima City , Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation , City of Yokohama International Affairs Bureau , Hiroshima Home Television Co., Ltd. , TSS-TV Co., Ltd. , Hiroshima Telecasting Co., Ltd. , TOKYO FM Broadcasting Co., Ltd , Yokohama F.M. Broadcasting Co., Ltd , Hiroshima FM Broadcasting Co., Ltd , RCC Broadcasting Co., Ltd. , Chugoku Shimbun
- Supported by
- Minatomirai 21, Area management subsidized program 2016 , Hiroshima Peace Grant program
- Sponsored by
- Yamadaya Co., Ltd. , Otafuku Sauce Co., Ltd. , cerema Co., Ltd , Wfamp Co., Ltd , DMC Hiroshima Co., Ltd.
- Assisted by
- Hiroshima University, , Kanagawa University , Kanto Gakuin University , Digital Hollywood STUDIO , Archetype Ventures Inc., BUKATSUDO , London Bubble Theatre Company , JICA Yokohama International Center, , Minato Mirai Grand Central Tower, MM TERRACE , Peace Porter Project , Toro-nagashi Exhibition committee , HIROSHIMA SPEAKS OUT , DIRTY HANDZ , Miyajima Misen Daisyoin temple ,WIDE ISLAND Co., Ltd.